M&S Liquorice & Blackcurrant Dark Chocolate

marks and spencer liquorice and blackcurrant dark chocolate

I'm always game to try an unusual chocolate flavour, so when this Dark chocolate with liquorice and blackcurrant appeared in Marks and Spencer's newly revamped range recently, straight into my basket it went!

The bar contains 52% cocoa solids, is fairtrade, and dairy and gluten free although not suitable for those with dairy or nut allergies due to manufacturing methods. It costs £2 for a 100g bar and is described as "Dark chocolate with liquorice and blackcurrant flavour".

marks and spencer liquorice and blackcurrant dark chocolate

I do like the blocks on M&S bars, they always look so clean and sleek with the M&S logo printed on.

marks and spencer liquorice and blackcurrant dark chocolate

I popped a piece in my mouth not knowing what to expect. Firstly I noticed the chocolate; it's sweet and quite smooth for a darker chocolate, and you could easily mistake it for milk chocolate. The flavour from the crunchy blackcurrant pieces is subtle but very nice, and really enhances the chocolate. The liquorice creeps in behind it, at first I couldn't even taste it but it's definitely there in the background. It's probably good that it's not too overpowering as I imagine many might find it too harsh if it were stronger.

Overall, this is a very tasty bar indeed, and one I would buy again when looking for a darker chocolate with a different flavour. This as well as the M&S Dark Chocolate Clementine bar are ones I would highly recommend! (do stay tuned for a review of that one...)

8 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review