The Coconut Collaborative Dairy Free Coconut Milk Rice Pudding


Whilst perusing Morrisons chilled "Free From" range recently, I spotted something new and rather exciting...well, for anyone avoiding dairy or who is vegan, anyway. Coconut Milk rice pudding! Yes, I kid you not...rice pudding has now gone coco-nuts!


These are not only dairy free, but gluten free, nut free, soya free....and generally free from all allergens! The main ingredient is coconut cream, followed by sugar, rice, water, rice flour, potato starch, locust bean gum, salt and vanilla. They're also Vegan Society  approved. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for them, but it was over the £2 mark.


I couldn't wait to get home to try these...so it's just as well I had my trusty spoon on hand with me to tuck in straightaway!


Opening the lid revealed quite a thick, stodgy rice pudding, no doubt thanks to the coconut cream. There were specks of vanilla easily visible within it, it had a lovely aroma.


Taking a spoonful, it was indeed quite thick and stodgy in texture...I was worried coconut cream and rice pudding wouldn't work together since coconut is rather fatty, but this actually tasted amazing! It was just as creamy, if not creamier than a regular milk rice pudding, with a satisfying thickness. The vanilla brings it to a whole new level...it's gorgeous combined with the creamy coconut. I opened the second pot straight after eating the first one, not because I felt unsatisfied but because these are so darn tasty!

Overall, I think these are a fantastic new addition to the Free From world...one of the best products I've tried in a while in fact. They're delicious, creamy and yet satisfying and not overly sugary. If you're vegan or dairy free for others reasons....try them! They're a keeper and I hope they stick around on shelves!

9 out of 10. 


Comments

  1. 3 Researches PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review