New Cadbury Caramel Chocolate Spread Review

cadbury caramel spread

I've been on the lookout for this new Cadbury Caramel Spread for the grand sum of a few days now, ever since my Snacks Warrior pal blogged about it. It seems that new products are a bit slow at making their way up North (probably due to horse and carriages or something like that) but my local Tesco is now stocking this and the Cadbury Crunchie Spread - hurrah! Since these were £2.25 a jar I declined the Crunchie for a date with Caramel...because who doesn't love a bit of caramel?!

cadbury caramel spread

Described simply as "Chocolate and caramel spread", twisting the lid off I was met with a gorgeous, strong caramel aroma. It smelled divine!

cadbury caramel chocolate spread

The spread is basically swirled in two layers, one is caramel and one is chocolate, although I'm sure the chocolate part was also caramel flavoured. 

cadbury caramel chocolate spread

I scooped some out with a spoon and promptly took a mouthful, no messing about for me! It tasted every bit as buttery gorgeous as I'd imagined...it had a strong butterscotch/toffee like flavour, and was of course very rich and sickly sweet...diabetes in a mouthful basically! It became a bit too much after a few spoonfuls though, it's definitely a sugar overload. I imagine it'd be great on waffles, toast, crumpets and what have you...

Overall, a fantastic new spread from Cadbury that finally does the Cadbury Caramel brand some justice. I do think a touch of "real" caramel swirled in would make it even more scrummy, but as mainstream caramel spreads go this is probably one of the best you'll get. A definite win from me!

8 out of 10. 

Cadbury Caramel spread is gluten-free and suitable for vegetarians, and contains 87 calories per 15g. 




Comments

  1. I haven't spotted this out and about in my supermarket travels yet - may have to make a trip to Tesco! I agree about how real caramel may have made it even better - I think pockets of caramel sauce would be epic and add a real point of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt even know this existed! Sooooo glad I stumbled across your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review