Costa Gluten Free Belgian Chocolate Brownie Review


It's here...part 3 of my Gluten Free Snacks Bonanza Week! Today's review is for the deliciously squidgy, gooey Belgian Chocolate Brownie sold in Costa stores all across the country.

I've been eating these brownies for years now so I don't know why it's taken me so long to actually review them....I guess other snacks got in the way!


You can find these Brownies near the tills at every Costa in the country - even the smaller ones, which is mighty handy if you're in need of a gluten free fix! - they're plastic wrapped to differentiate them from the regular "gluten" brownies sold underneath the pastry counter. They cost £1.70 and are rectangular rather than square. The ingredients are a mixture of dark chocolate, eggs and ground almonds, with some tasty white chocolate chunks added in for good measure. They even have a hint of coffee!

These are hands down the best gluten free brownies I've tasted, and taste just as good as - and even better than - regular brownies! They're gooey and fudgey with a deep chocolatey flavour, which is nicely balanced with a little creaminess from the white chocolate. The added coffee compliments the chocolatey flavour but doesn't overpower it, bringing a nice rich, toasted finish to the brownie.

Overall, I have to say this is the best gluten free brownie out there...it beats all supermarket brands hands down and I wish I could buy them in bulk! (Dear Costa; please give me the address of your supplier!) All my friends agree this is as good as a regular gluten-containing brownie, some even said it was better! If you're gluten-intolerant and haven't tried one of these yet what are you waiting for...make it a priority!

If youv'e tried these please share your thoughts in the comments...are they the best gluten-free brownies around? Is there better out there? Let me know!

9 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I much prefer these to Costa's gluten...full variety, haha. They're so soft & fudgey, my kinda brownie indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gluten free bakewell tarts are pretty scrummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so good but unfortunately as well as wheat & soya intolerance I also have an almond allergy which is a nuisance because a lot of GF products are made with ground almonds as a substitute. I wonder if you could review the Tesco Finest Belgiaun Chocolate Brownies, they are very rich & squidgy as they've got chocolate ganache on top! Loving these GF reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy :) Sorry you're allergic to almonds too, I do understand as I'm funny with some nuts myself, if I eat too many macadamias my hands swell :( I'll deffo look out for those Tesco brownies!

      Delete
  4. Have you tried Tesco's Finest free from belgian chocolate brownies? They're so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! :) I see they do praline ones now too..

      Delete
    2. :O I have not seen this. The hunt begins!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review