E Wedel Forest Duo & Coconut Bars


I couldn't resist this bar of Wedel "Leśny Duet" when I saw it in my local import store recently. The name translates into English as "forest duo", but presumably it's meant to be "fruits of the forest". The back of the wrapper describes the bar as "Milk chocolate with blueberry and wild strawberry filling". I'm not sure what the difference between regular strawberries and "wild" strawberries is - perhaps these ones are grown in forests?


Taste-wise the chocolate was lovely. The fruity filling was delightful and had a nice blueberry and raspberry tang. They weren't the freshest of flavours and did taste a tad artificial, but I didn't mind because they actually worked really well with the cream centre and the chocolate. It was a very moreish combination and I soon ate most of the bar!

Overall, I thought this was a very tasty bar from Wedel and I'm disappointed they no longer stock it in my local store. Presumably it was a limited edition for Summer. According to the wrapper they also do other "Duet" varieties, which include peach and redcurrant and mango and orange. If anyone spots any of them please let me know!

Wedel Coconut "Kokosowa" Bar:

When I bought the Forest Duo bar I also spotted  this Coconut, or "Mleczna kokosowa" variety. I couldn't resist, being a fan of all things coconut flavoured!


It comprises of a coconut cream filling coated in milk chocolate. Being honest I wasn't expecting much because coconut cream bars can sometimes be a little sickly or artificial tasting, but it really surprised me as it had a lovely smooth, creamy coconut taste. Granted it wasn't amazing and it did taste a tad artificial, but I still enjoyed it a lot. It was so creamy and smooth in texture that it was very easy to eat indeed! It also had a slight alcoholic tang which reminded me of malibu.

Overall, this is a very tasty bar from Wedel which I would recommend, especially to those who enjoy coconut chocolates.

Price: Both bars were just over £1.
Allergy Advice: Both bars contain milk and soya.
Cocoa Solids: 29% minimum.

Comments

  1. Great review Kev, were the strawberry and blueberry fillings separate or mixed together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy. As I recall the flavours were mixed together..kind of like a classic "forest fruits" taste.

      Delete
  2. I haven't eaten these bars yet, because Wedel is not my favourite brand of polish chocolates but I love their toffee and dark ones - you should try them. I can also recommend this product (especially vanilla flavour ) http://www.wedel.pl/ptasie-mleczko/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation :) I've never tried those mallows but they sound great. Have you ever tried the coconut ones? I'll give the Wedel toffee bars a try too - I'm always seem them in import stores.

      Delete
    2. I haven't cause I'm not a big fan of coconuts, I barely accept them :) I have tried almost every Wedel's chocolate and I can tell you that mango and orange is not as good as you think, but maybe you'll like it (I can send you some if you want). Regards !

      Delete
    3. Thankyou that's a very kind offer :) It's ok though, I found it recently in an import store, as well as a limited edition lemon flavour Wedel bar. Have you tried that one before?

      Delete
  3. Never seen this bar in my local import shop - Still looking for the Pierrot Peanut praline bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the praline bar doesn't seem to be around now..at least not in my local store.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review