Hershey's Creamy Milk Chocolate with Whole Almonds Review


Hershey's chocolate has a bad reputation here in the UK. Most people find the taste odd, a complaint I hear time and time again. I don't remember it being particularly special the last time I tried it (years ago!) but when I saw this Whole Almonds variety for 40p in a discount store recently, I thought I'd rediscover it and see what all the fuss is about.

To my surprise, it didn't taste too bad. There was no weird flavour from the chocolate at all, infact it was pleasantly milky and chocolatey. I liked the thickness of the chocolate pieces, and the almonds added a nice crunchiness. It wasn't particularly special or amazing by any means, but it was a decent chocolate bar for a mainstream brand. Infact it made a nice change to eat chocolate that wasn't quite as milky as Cadbury's chocolate. The bar contains 27% cocoa solids which is actually higher than Cadbury Dairy Milk, which might explain why it tasted a bit richer and less milky in comparison.

Overall, not a bad chocolate bar at all! I was really surprised by this Hershey Whole Almonds and for 40p it was an absolute bargain - these usually cost a lot more in American import stores. If you happen to spot these discounted I would highly recommend giving them a try!

*No pics of the actual chocolate I'm afraid - I scoffed it in Costa not long after taking the main pic!

Comments

  1. I have a bar in my cupboard and have been a little reluctant to try it but I will now put it top of my list! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact same bar in my office cupboard! It's probably melting away in there, must try it this lunchtime :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review